The Parts Advisor or Counterperson is responsible for assisting all mechanics and customers in purchasing needed parts, supplies, and accessories. The Parts Advisor is also responsible for achieving monthly sales and gross forecasts and for seeking out and soliciting parts business online. The Parts Advisor reports directly to the Parts Manager.
As an Automotive Parts Advisor, you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Parts Advisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job duties for a parts advisor include:
- Tracking all incoming and outgoing parts for the dealership internally and via our parts website.
- Communicating with online customers and keeping them up-to-date regarding their orders.
- Locating available parts when the dealership is out of stock.
- Handling parts payment collection and making sure all parts are billed correctly through the service department.
- Packaging and shipping parts back to the manufacturer, and completing the appropriate record keeping.
- Referring to parts manuals (both hard copy and electronic format) to identify exactly the right part(s) for the make, model and year of vehicles being serviced.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Valid driver’s license
- Medical, Dental and prescription coverage
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
- Opportunities for career advancement.
Job Type: Full-time